Monday, November 21, 2011

My Thanksgiving Cookie Crumble Apple Pie Recipe

Every Thanksgiving my Mom cooks the turkey and the sides, I am always in charge of dessert. About 4 years ago I made this pie, my Daddy has made it a must have ever since. Everyone likes Apple Pie and Cookies! So I'm sharing my recipe :) This makes two pies.

~Pre-heat oven to 325°

Filling:
* 6-8 medium apples peeled and sliced
* 1Tbs lemon juice
* 1Tbs sugar
- Mix and set aside

Cookie Crust: (see note below)
*1/2 cup white sugar
*1/2 cup brown sugar
*1/2 cup butter or margarine
*1 egg yolk
*2 cups self rising flour
*1/2 tsp cinnamon
*1 egg white, beaten
- Mix sugars, butter, cinnamon and yolk until creamy. Slowly add flour until mixed well. Press into bottom of 2 well greased pie pans. Brush top with egg white to seal crust. Add filling.

Cookie Crumble Topping:
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine
* 1 cup flour
* 1tsp cinnamon
* 1tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional)
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together well until they resemble clumpy crumbs. Crumble on top of both pies.
~ Bake pies on middle oven rack @ 345° for 1 hour or until top is golden brown.

I hope you enjoy!
**Note- if you are pressed for time a store bought crust works just fine, just brush the top with egg whites to keep crust from getting gooey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment